Okay weather’s been rather hot here, not that I'm complaining. Though I'm more of an autumn girl and not much into heat and humidity, I've actually welcomed the summer a little more this year especially after the long, cold, never-ending winter we had.
With the summer comes lighter eats and treats for me as well as an endless supply of teas and tisanes on ice which are quick, easy, and so refreshing. They are a perfect way to keep yourself hydrated.
|Having a cold one on my balcony!|
I know some tea snobs may scoff at the thought, but I believe tea bags are the easiest and fastest way to make these cold beverages. All you need is the tea, water, and any optional items like lemon, lime, sweeteners, mint or basil leaves etc…
- 2 green tea bags
- 2 peppermint tisane bags
- 5 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar (optional)
- Bring water to a full boil.
- Pour water over tea and tisane bags in a teapot.
- Add sugar, if you wish, now as it dissolves much better in hot water than in cold.
- Steep for about 5 minutes.
- Allow liquor to cool down and then refrigerate.
How easy was that? Just pour into a tall glass over ice and add a slice of lemon or lime, even some mint leaves if you wish. Sit back, relax and enjoy your drink! I find the green tea and peppermint tisane combo very refreshing. An instant cool down especially after a long walk with the sun beating down on you.
- Use some of the liquor to make ice-cubes that way your drink does not become diluted with water as the ice-cubes melt.