- 1 ½ cups of water
- 1 ½ cups of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of Earl Grey loose leaf tea
1. Heat water to boiling point in a saucepan. Remove it from heat and add Earl Grey loose leaf tea. Allow to infuse for about 10 minutes.
2. Pour tea through a sieve a couple of times to remove the leaves. Add in the sugar and heat on medium. Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved. This should take about 2-3 minutes.
3. Use a whisk and continuously stir in order to reduce the liquid. You want a consistency similar to that of maple syrup at the end. This took me about 20 minutes.
4. Once you've achieved the right consistency, allow it to cool for a few minutes and then pour into an airtight glass container. This can be kept in the fridge for up to a month.