I’m not big into the salad dressings available at the market. They just don’t taste real. I’ve always made my own dressings using whatever ingredients I can find in my kitchen cabinets that I felt would appeal to my taste buds. Recently, I enjoyed a fabulous salad with a Matcha dressing I created.
|Matcha salad dressing.|
It’s very simple to make and takes no time at all. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 Tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 Garlic clove chopped
- ¼ Teaspoon Matcha
- ¼ Teaspoon honey
- ¼ Teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ Teaspoon soya sauce
- Pinch of black pepper
- Romaine lettuce
- Vine-ripened tomatoes
- Red radishes
I would not consider making large batches of this dressing and keeping it for later use. Make enough for what you need, and use it all right away. I hadn’t considered this, but I think this would make a great marinade for a white fish perhaps. Something I may do for next time.
- Use the juice of lemons instead of limes or perhaps other citrus fruits like oranges or grapefruit.
- If you don’t have grapeseed oil, try another neutral tasting oil like safflower, but feel free to experiment with oils you like. Normally I’d use olive oil for salad dressings but I felt it had a strong, sweet taste.
- Go crazy with your choice of produce for the salad. Maybe even add some fruit, berries or nuts.